Frames American history through personal and collective journeysOffering a blend of political and social histories, The American Journey shows that our attempt to live up to our American ideals is an ongoing journeyone that has become increasingly more inclusive of different groups and ideas. With a goal of making American history accessible, the authors offer a strong, clear narrative and provide students with the tools they need to understand history. MyHistoryLab is an integral part of the Goldfield program. Key learning applications include assessment, MyHistoryLab Video Series, and History Explorer. A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experiencefor you and your students. Heres how:
- Personalize Learning MyHistoryLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Emphasize Outcomes Learning Objective Questions at the beginning of each chapter and a chapter review and thematic timeline ending each chapter keep students focused on what they need to know. On MyHistoryLab, practice tests help students achieve these objectives by measuring progress and creating personalized study plans.
- Engage Students A new pedagogically-driven design highlights a clear learning path through the material and offers a visually stunning learning experience in print or on a screen. With the Pearson eText, students can transition directly to MyHistoryLab resources such as primary source documents, videos, and mapping exercises.
- Improve Critical Thinking Powerful learning applications in MyHistoryLabincluding Explorer mapping exercises, Closer Look analyses of sources and topics, and Writing Assessments tied to engaging videospromote critical thinking.
- Support Instructors MyHistoryLab, Instructors eText, MyHistoryLab Instructors Guide, Class Preparation Tool, Instructors Manual, MyTest, and PowerPoints are available.